You or a monster subjected to an attack with the study property will become studied - this status property increases the accuracy and damage of attacks against the target for a certain amount of turns while reducing their effective AC and damage reduction. The damage dice of a study attack determines both the amount of turns that the target is considered studied for and the amount of extra damage taken from attacks; the amount is also added as a flat bonus modifier to accuracy for monsters attacking a studied target.
Study occurs with the following attacks, weapons, spells, and items:
- The gaze attack of:
- All autons (1d11 + 1 for each "tier" of auton above the monoton)
- Axus (1d20)
- eye of doom (8d8)
- aphanactonan assessor (1d20)
- Jrt Netjer (3d7)
- Stannumach Rilmani (1d20)
- yochlol (1d20)
- Bael (1d9)
- hateful whispers (4d8)
- legionnaire (1d6)
- Legion (1d9)
- arcadian avenger (2d6)
- operator (1d5)
- commander (2d5)
- truth-seer (1d15)
- dream-eater (1d15)
- veil-render (1d15)
- The prayer of a dread seraph when crazed or below 1⁄4 of maximum HP, which sets your studied stack equal to its monster level after 5 turns along with fully healing itself
- The Lifehunt Scythe (inflicts cumulative study based on damage dealt to a target monster: 1⁄2 of damage dealt on that target, and 1⁄4 of damage dealt on the wielder)
- Bestial claw (inflicts insight-based amount of study)
- Crow talons (+3 study per hit)
- Crow quills (+4 study per hit)
- Any normal lightsaber used in the Makashi lightsaber form (adds skill-based level of study to targets)
- Mind blasts from a weapon with the "deep" object property at +2 or lower enchantment (sets studied status for monsters to a length equal to the damage done, unless that is lower than their current studied duration)
- Other objects
- Vilya (adds +1d20 study to all attacks while worn)
- <Foo> studies you carefully.
<Foo> studies you with a level stare.
- A monster used a studying gaze on you.