This page seems to contradict the drawbridge page regarding what spaces are safe to open the bridge. This page states that the two spaces in front of the bridge are deadly if the drawbridge opens, but the drawbridge page has a diagram that indicates that only the one space immediately in front of the drawbridge is deadly.
I am uncertain which is correct or if I misinterpret the pages.
- The diagram is correct. (I made it to clear up this exact misunderstanding.) --Tjr (talk) 01:46, 21 July 2012 (UTC)
Castle Entry At Dlvl7
Hello, I was Playing Nethack, Dropping Excess Weight, when an Owlbear attacked me. I ran towards The down-stair Then zapped it with a Wand of Poly-morph Running out of HP i prayed , Then, the "Hark, mortal!" Message Came up Please Help --Rancalred (talk) 18:33, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
- See the prayer page; what happened was that your deity decided to grant you a favor, specifically, the passtune favor. The first time this happens, it's just a message without any real use, though. —bcode talk | mail 18:37, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
The chest isn't guaranteed to be untrapped
I try to be careful around chests and always remove anything that can be burned and stash away wands and rings before opening one, but I never did this with the chest containing de wand of wishing, because the wiki states that it is always untrapped, which I found to be untrue (at least as of 3.6.0) and almost lost some wands and rings, but the electric trap failed.
- I don't think this is right. I went and found that in the 3.6.0 castle.des source the chest is explicitly defined as not_trapped.  --Phol ende wodan (talk) 03:22, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
- This may be a bug only in 3.6.0 since I see in the 3.6.1 changelog a fix for "actually make the castle chest not trapped". --Phol ende wodan (talk) 17:01, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
- It's a bit late, but I was reading the changelog today and remembered this page.  --Jundavr (talk) 17:39, 23 March 2018 (UTC)