Talk:Scroll of genocide
In Wizard Mode, if you genocide yourself do you get to live? 126.96.36.199 23:48, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
- Well you die, but if you're in wizard mode, every time you die, it says
- Die? [yn] (n)
- and you can live if you want. Addps4cat 10:54, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
I wonder if it is possible to acend from Charon's boat, say by genociding self while polymorphed into something else and wearing an amulet of unchanging.
- It is, at least in wizard mode.
Petrified by genocidal confusion
How on earth did this occur? DeathRobin did it about 6 years ago (it should be 7068 on that list), but there's no dump file given? Did this somehow involve getting petrified on the same turn as self-genocide? -Ion frigate (talk) 03:07, 15 June 2013 (UTC)
- It's possible because of the delayed_killer bug (see C343-219, which is probably related). To reproduce:
- Polymorph, e.g. into a titan. This is necessary for step 4 to work.
- Confuse yourself.
- Eat a cockatrice egg, starting delayed petrification; delayed_killer is set so you will be petrified "by a cockatrice egg".
- Read an uncursed scroll of genocide; as you are confused, your base race will be genocided. This means that normally, you'd die when you revert; delayed_killer is updated to reflect that you're going to die to "genocidal confusion".
- Wait for the petrification to kill you. As it's petrification that actually killed you, killer will (correctly) be "petrified", but delayed_killer will still be "genocidal confusion".
- The same should work for some other interactions of deaths using delayed_killer. —bcode talk | mail 12:14, 15 June 2013 (UTC)