Potion of gain ability
|Base price||300 zm|
|Monster use||Will not be used by monsters.|
Quaffing a potion of gain ability can increase your attributes. Quaffing a cursed one does nothing, nor does quaffing a noncursed one while wearing a ring of sustain ability; in either case, the potion will not be identified. Blessed increases all your attributes, uncursed increases just one at random. Attributes will be increased by one point.
Note that the uncursed potion will try only 6 times to find an attribute that isn't already at its maximum. If all six fail, it will just try and fail to raise the maxed stat, with no further effect.
- You feel [strong/smart/wise/agile/tough/charismatic]!
- You gained an attribute point.
- You're already as [strong/smart/wise/agile/tough/charismatic] as you can get.
- You would have gained an attribute point, but it is already at its maximum.
- Ulch! That potion tasted foul!
- You quaffed a cursed potion.
- Ulch! That potion smells terrible!
- You smelled the vapors from a cursed potion.
- You have a peculiar feeling for a moment, then it passes.
- You quaffed a non-cursed potion while having sustain ability. This may help identify a ring of sustain ability.
In UnNetHack, uncursed will attempt to raise an ability one point a few times and might fail. Blessed will always raise one stat, if possible.
Being a cruel challenge compared to Vanilla NetHack, in Slash_EM Extended a blessed potion of gain ability will rarely increase all your attributes. But it has a chance to increase more than one stat, or increase one stat twice.
- Slash'EM Extended potion.c 4011, 4028