Potion of gain ability
|Base price||300 zm|
|Monster use||Will not be used by monsters.|
Quaffing an uncursed potion increases a random attribute by one point; quaffing a blessed potion will increase all attributes by one point. Quaffing a cursed potion, or else quaffing a noncursed one while wearing a ring of sustain ability, has no effect, and the potion will not be identified.
Note that the uncursed potion will try only 6 times to find an attribute that isn't already at its maximum. If all six fail, it will just try and fail to raise the maxed stat, with no further effect.
- You feel [strong/smart/wise/agile/tough/charismatic]!
- You gained an attribute point.
- You're already as [strong/smart/wise/agile/tough/charismatic] as you can get.
- You would have gained an attribute point, but it is already at its maximum.
- Ulch! That potion tasted foul!
- You quaffed a cursed potion.
- Ulch! That potion smells terrible!
- You smelled the vapors from a cursed potion.
- You have a peculiar feeling for a moment, then it passes.
- You quaffed a non-cursed potion while having sustain ability. This may help identify a ring of sustain ability.
In UnNetHack, uncursed will attempt to raise an ability one point a few times and might fail. Blessed will always raise one stat, if possible.
Being a cruel challenge compared to Vanilla NetHack, in Slash'EM Extended a blessed potion of gain ability will rarely increase all your attributes. But it has a chance to increase more than one stat, or increase one stat twice. (Slash'EM Extended potion.c 4011, 4028)