Vomiting or nausea is a status affliction caused by eating
- tripe as a non-orc non-caveman non-carnivore
- old eggs
- rotten tins
- garlic, while polymorphed into an undead monster
After a while, it will cause you to become confused, then stunned, and finally vomit and lose 20 points of nutrition. The final act of vomiting leaves you helpless for 2 turns, and actually cures food poisoning, though you cannot count on vomiting before you die: vomiting takes 14 turns, while food poisoning will kill you in 10 + 1d9 turns.
You receive the following messages:
- You are feeling mildly nauseated.
- You are nauseated for 14 more turns.
- You feel slightly confused.
- You are nauseated for 11 more turns. You actually become confused for 2d4 (more) turns when the timeout reaches 8, then 6 turns.
- You can't seem to think straight.
- You are nauseated for 8 more turns. You actually become stunned for 2d4 (more) turns when the timeout reaches 6 turns.
- You feel incredibly sick.
- You are nauseated for 5 more turns.
- You are about to vomit.
- You are nauseated for 2 more turns.
- You are about to hurl.
- You are nauseated for 2 more turns while hallucinating.
- You vomit!
- You vomit, leaving you helpless for 2 turns.
- You hurl chunks!
- You vomit while hallucinating.
- Your [stomach] heaves convulsively!
- You vomit while hungry to the point of fainting already. This still cures food poisoning.
- Your jaw gapes convulsively.
- You are polymorphed into a creature that cannot vomit.
In SporkHack, drinking a glass of salt water can also make you vomit.