I had a uncursed scroll of genocide and I read it. It only wiped out all mind flayers on my current level. Is this true with genocide in general or is it different based on BUC status.
Also I got a magic lamp early on and I wished. The dijin said it could not grant magic items. What is the rule for this?Ndwolfwood 10:50, 12 February 2012 (UTC) edit that was answered
Is the scroll of flooding new to this game?Ndwolfwood 10:53, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
- There is no class genocide anymore in UnNetHack. Blessed scrolls of genocide will work like uncursed scrolls of genocide do in Vanilla. Uncursed will only kill on the current level, as you experienced.
- In UnNetHack, only wishes from a wand are 'true' wishes. All other sources can only wish for non-magical items (though shields of reflection are now non-magical), and thrones do not give wishes at all.
- Yes, the scroll of flooding is new. It replaces the scroll of amnesia. --Bhaak 11:14, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
last thing does sacrifing work different? I have been sacrifing like crazy and I am over the requisite level but I am not getting a gift.Ndwolfwood 11:16, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
- It should work the same, at least I can't remember changing anything about sacrificing. --Bhaak 11:20, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
Is this a Bug? The messaged recieved when you pick something up that will put you to the next carrying level is "You have a little trouble lifting..." for both burdened and stressed. Ndwolfwood 01:39, 13 February 2012 (UTC) However you do recieve a different message for strained
Does the Castle have different versions of it? I showed up to what should be the castle level one level above the Valley and it looks much different than the normal castle. Wolfwood (talk) 22:22, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
Btw what I meant is that I receive a message that I will have a little trouble lifting... Even if I am going from unencumbered to stressed. Its the same message as I receive if I am going from unencumbered to burdened. The actual affects of being burdened and stressed are the same for me. Wolfwood (talk) 00:10, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
The Castle I came across http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg12/scaled.php?server=12&filename=unnethackcastle.png&res=landingWolfwood (talk) 01:14, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
I came across a Emerald called the Eye of Hera. Is it just a regular emerald called that? I tried invoking it and I can't seem to find a use for it.
Adding new level variants to the Wiki
I was reading through the various Changesets for UnNetHack and I found the descriptions for the various new level-types added.
For instance, new Bigrooms: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/unnethack/changeset/5 (other Bigrooms were later added, such as the Mandelbrot Big Room)
In addition to these being useful to updating the wiki/expanding the UnNetHack sections, as far as I can tell, these changesets could serve as rather fun stand-alone patches, but don't seem to be listed anywhere.
Maybe articles could be created for them so that if someone wants to, for instance, add the new Bigrooms added to UnNetHack, they could go to this changeset and apply the changes as a diff
In some of the Changesets around 630 I saw a special room called a Pool Room mentioned. (This was the same changeset that introduced splitting rooms with iron bars) I don't remember seeing this room mentioned anywhere else though - was this later removed? If not, what is it and can someone create the article?
- Pool rooms are normal rooms whose inner edge is ringed with water (80%) or lava (20%), with floor in front of any doors. It's never randomly generated in a normal game, otherwise you'd see something like mkroom(POOLROOM) being called with a depth-dependent chance in makelevel(), and they aren't used for any of UnNetHack's special levels. However, you can see them if you set SHOPTYPE=o as an environment variable and run the game in wizard mode. --Tungtn (talk) 04:26, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
Ah, that explains everything. Thanks!
Branches changed again in May...
Should we have a public YANI section?
dNetHack has a public YANI section that the wiki seems to enjoy contributing to. Might it be a good idea for Un to have a similar construct?
What's in 5.1.0?
What is the latest revision number that is considered to be part of version 5.1.0, as opposed to Development? I plan to flesh out some of the UnNetHack pages with content from the source, and I want to be sure I'm citing the correct version. --Cherokee Jack (talk) 00:15, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
- You can look at the stable 5.1 branch on GitHub: https://github.com/unnethack/unnethack/tree/5.1.x
- This branch contains bugfixes for the released 5.1.0 binary and will be the base for the future 5.1.1 release.
- ——Bhaak (talk) 07:14, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
List of Minor Changes?
UnNetHack contains a lot of relatively small changes from vanilla, like making it possible to remove iron bars with a thrown potion of acid. These tend to be mentioned on the pages for the related features (i.e. potion of acid, iron bars), but to the best of my knowledge, there's no central collection of differences from vanilla (apart from the change log, which isn't as user-friendly as the wiki would be) where a curious user could get a sense of how the gameplay compares to vanilla. Would it be a good idea to start a comprehensive list of changes, possibly on its own page? I imagine the list of changes on the main page should be restricted to the most significant ones. --Cherokee Jack (talk) 00:39, 26 July 2015 (UTC)
Hm... that could be a good idea. I must admit that we haven't been great at keeping the Unnethack changelog completely current, so linking to that isn't sufficient, although it does have a large number of the changes. --Ozymandias (talk) 22:06, 3 August 2015 (UTC)