- tries to kill Dark One in weird way every time: reflected lightning, being eaten by purple worm or instantly killed by jabberwock counts in.
- The Tower of Darkness contains a polymorph trap, you can find it and use it (to polymorph your pet), to have it easier to kill Dark One (as if it wasn't easy enough).
- spellbook of charm monster may be A LOT MORE useful than many people consider; you'll see when you'll meet minotaurs.
- when playing a wizard, and you do have water walking boots, then digging fountain near Sokoban may be a wise solution.
- teleporting tame purple worm in Fort Ludios is a wise strategy, if you don't like to face all those pesky soldiers on your own.
- what makes a good ascension kit for me? Well... Let's start from SDSM, The Eye, Magicbane, robe... choose others on your own.
- detect treasure spell may be handy, if you want to collect all amulets and transformate them into "AoLS - I've got 8 of them once. Died at hands of Pestilence, because I forgot to put on second one.
- levitation is a bad way of training escape spells from unskilled. Especially when you depend on your athame heavily.
- there's a little special thing about "AoLS. You need to PUT IT ON.
- doppelganger's possibilities are endless; you can polymorph into anything that gives you particular advantage: undead for resisting death magic (gypsy and touch of death), xorn for dealing great amounts of damage, especially as a monk, and for clearing grund's stronghold. There's almost no thing you couldn't solve playing one.