I'm really better at coming up with ideas than actually coding or balancing them, so these are just theoretical. If anyone wants to try to implement these, feel free to do so!
As you may or may not know, I'm fond of ferrets, so when I attempted and failed to make my own branch, I included them as pets, and added some other mustelids, to boot. They would all use r glyphs, and the glyph would be changed to "rodent or mustelid".
- r Ferret kit, ferret, large ferret - Domestic, approximately equal to their cat counterparts strength-wise. In addition to meat, they would also be tamable with raisins (%).
- r Skunk - Would have a poisonous breath attack, which might create small stinking clouds, although that might be a SMOP (Credit for the stinking cloud idea goes to Cherokee Jack).
- r Ermine - Would have some sort of cold-related property, either an attack or a corpse resistance, or possibly both.
- r Otter - Amphibious, good at hunting sea monsters (Idea thanks to Cherokee Jack)
- SLASH'EM's wolverines and giant badgers would be moved to this category, and regular badgers would also be added.
Also possibly mink and stoats, but I'm not sure what kind of properties they would have. Maybe mink corpses would have an above-average gold value, or mink would have a seduction attack as a shoutout to Minerva Mink?
Aquatic aliens from the Ecco the Dolphin series.
- ; Vortex drone - Has four claw attacks, the last of which is a drowning attack.
- ; Vortex warrior - Has two claw attacks, a teleporting hug attack, and can spit acid. Although it may be a SMOP, the hug could alternatively be a level teleport. If used in SLASH'EM Extended, the hug should be AD_ABDC.
Based on the monster classes from various Dragon Warrior/Quest games, this class would start out on the level of some of Slash'EM Extended's "harder than hard" classes, but would become super-powerful at higher levels. I'm not sure of what powers, exactly, it would have, but one of them would probably be the ability to breathe fire, since that's a common ability among playable slime classes in DQ. Another level up ability I thought of is the ability to temporarily polymorph into a random h or @.
- Globule (1-2)
- Moist (3-5)
- Wiggly (6-8)
- Jiggly (9-13)
- Slurry (14-17)
- Slime Knight (18-21)
- Slime Hero (22-25)
- King Slime (26-29)
- Slime God (30)
Deities (pantheon: Dragon Quest series)
- Lawful: Master Dragon
- Neutral: _Rubiss
- Chaotic: Malroth
Alignment: Neutral or chaotic
- Leader: the Slime Emperor (b)
- Guardians: globule (b)
- Nemesis: legendary hero (@) - would have a couple of weapon attacks and clerical spellcasting
- Artifact: The Slime Crown (helmet; not sure of its abilities, but would probably have some sort of power against player monsters and could be invoked for some sort of effect similar to actual DQ Slimes' ability to merge into a King Slime)
The death message for DQ Slime PCs would be "(monster) hast done well in defeating you."
Again, all of this is really just a framework. I have no ideas about balance or coding, so I don't have anything too concrete numbers-wise here.
A high-difficulty class that starts out with literally no equipment, but is capable of reaching expert or grand master in all skills.
Based on the light novel series and anime Accel World, I have more stuff for this than the Wanderer, but less than the Dragon Quarrior-themed classes - basically, just some quest stuff.
- Quest leader: Kuroyukihime
- Quest nemesis: Dusk Taker (would have the gremlin's ability theft ability, but I'm not sure of any other powers)
- Quest artifact: ?
- Quest home: ?
- Quest locate: Accel World
- Quest end: The field with no limits
Patch update ideas
For the Grudge patch:
- Cats vs. rats.
- Dogs vs. monkeys.
- Gnomes vs. kobolds.
- Otters (see above) vs. sea monsters. (loosely based on Cherokee Jack's suggestion)
Signature spells for a possible SLASH'EM update of the Monster Spells patch:
- leprechaun wizard - Summon Sphere (same as gnomish wizard)
- brownie - ?
- movanic deva - ?
- monadic deva - ?
- astral deva - ?
- Planetar - ?
- Solar - ?
- gnoll shaman - ?
- ogre mage - Cone of Cold, Disappear
- vampire mage - Raise Dead, Drain Life, Curse Items, Destroy Armor, Destroy Weapon, Darkness, Make Web, Sleep (same as master lich)
- ghoul mage - Darkness, Make Web, Sleep (same as barrow wight)
- ghoul queen - Curse Items, Destroy Armor, Destroy Weapon, Darkness, Make Web, Sleep (same as lich)
- gypsy - Curse Items
- nabassu - ?
- Cthulhu - ?
- Vecna - Turn to Stone, Raise Dead, Drain Life, Curse Items, Destroy Armor, Destroy Weapon, Darkness, Make Web, Sleep (same as arch-lich)
- flame mage - Fire Pillar
- ice mage - Cone of Cold
- necromancer - Darkness, Make Web, Sleep (same as barrow wight)
- High Flame Mage - Fire Pillar
- High Ice Mage - Cone of Cold
- Water Mage - Acid Rain, Create Pool, Geyser
- Earth Mage - Drop Boulder, Earthquake, Summon Insects
- Maugneshaagar - Drain Life, Curse Items, Destroy Armor, Destroy Weapon, Darkness, Make Web, Sleep (same as demilich)
- embalmer - ?
Although I designed these to be hallucinatory, if you have a way of implementing them as actual monsters and want to do so, feel free.
# prefix codes: # dash - female, personal name # underscore _ female, general name # plus + male, personal name # vertical bar | male, general name # equals = gender not specified, personal name #misc. |one-eyed purple snake teal deer #.hack +Skeith +Innis +Magus +Fidchell +Gorre -Macha +Tarvos +Corbenik #ADOM battle bunny |ElDeR cHaOs GoD #Aqua Teen Hunger Force Mooninite #Avatar: The Last Airbender badger mole flying bison komodo rhino winged lemur #Azumanga Daioh =Kamineko #Calvin and Hobbes snow goon #Clannad _kind andango |mischievous yakidango #Five Nights at Freddy's +Freddy Fazbear +Bonnie -Chica +Foxy +Toy Freddy +Toy Bonnie -Toy Chica -Mangle +Springtrap +The Puppet +Balloon Boy #Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Extremeasaur #Grabbed by the Ghoulies haunted television vampire chicken #Gravity Falls +Bill Cipher Lilliputtian +Multi-Bear +Rumble McSkirmish |Summerween Trickster #Home Movies septopus #Katamari Damacy |King of All Cosmos #King of the Hill probot #Magic Knight Rayearth +Rayearth +Selece +Windam =Regalia #Might and Magic II Mega Dragon #Maradonia Saga poison glitter tree #Mother 3 Ultimate Chimera eerie smile #My Little Pony draconequus fruit bat timberwolf #Neopets |Snowager |Turmaculus #Odyssey: The Legend of Nemesis Green Flesh-Thresher Slime Maul #Shin-Chan +Whiteface Charcoalpants #Sword Art Online +Illfang the Kobold Lord Ragout Rabbit Ruin Kobold Sentinel +The Gleam Eyes =The Skull Reaper =X'rphan the White Wyrm #The Fool's Errand wif dove #Tiny Toon Adventures three-headed duck-billed rabbit #Tom Goes to the Mayor barrel goat #Undertale -Temmie #Wing Commander Kilrathi #You Have To Burn the Rope Grinning Colossus #Yu-Gi-Oh! Blue-Eyes White Dragon
.senutrof gnidaer naht erom rof desu eb nac srorriM A knight knows armor. Purple is a powerful color. They say that it's possible to live forever in the dungeon without dying.
A sage knows scrolls. A wizard knows wands. An obvious lesbian will bring great news, and a grand piano will fall on you. If you forgive Deneb, you can't get the best ending. Krakens have a 1/128 chance of dropping the Gutsy Bat. Roni is life. The 40th level is death. To get the Grail, you have to defeat Luvalon without using tarot cards or running away.
New T-shirt messages
On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your favorite color of the alphabet? Sarcastic Comment Loading - Please Wait
New gravestone inscriptions
Here lies Mallory Pike. She had a mean serve. /* The Baby-Sitters Club */ I didn't lose! I was semi-victorious! /* Azumanga Daioh */ I iz ded. Ded kittehs dont need bafs. /* Lolcats */ IT'S A GUNDAM! /* Gundam Wing */ Paul Eulmeyer, 1907-2000. With atomic terror, he brought us peace. /* Mission Hill */ You asked me if it would kill me to be civil...well, now you know.
- Some new monsters for real zoos, based on historical royal menageries:
- d hyena - already exists in SLASH'EM Extended
- f lion
- f lioness - I see this as being a separate monster due to the amount of sexual dimorphism in lions.
- f cheetah
- f lynx - already exists in SLASH'EM, but could be moved to the list of eligible monsters for real zoos
- q giraffe
- q polar bear
- q camel
- r porcupine - would have some sort of passive attack with its spines
- As a side note to the above, the zoo in the Yeoman quest home level should be replaced with a real zoo.
- Some new monsters from Dragon Warrior/Quest:
- b Slime
- b Slimebeth
- b Metal Slime
- b Heal Slime (technically, should be Healer, but I'm using the Japanese name to avoid confusion with the character class)
- b Cure Slime (should be Curer, but I'm using the Japanese name for consistency with its lower form.)
- r Prank Gopher
- r Lethal Gopher
- B Drakee
- B Magidrakee
- B Drakeema
- D Dragon (should be Green Dragon, but there's already a monster by that name, so I'm using the Japanese name.)
- D Kith Dragon (see Dragon, but replace Green with Blue.)
- D Darth Dragon (see Kith Dragon, but replace Blue with Red.)
- P Babble
- P Metal Babble
- @ King Lorik - Erdrick quest leader
- D Dragonlord - Erdrick quest nemesis
- @ royal guard - Erdrick quest guardian
- Some of the woodchuck variants from Beath of Flams:
- r pyrochuck - breathes fire
- r sasquachuck - breathes ice and has a hug attack
- r geochuck - high defense, if used in SLASH'EM, would have the "needs +1 weapon to hit" property
- r osteochuck - undead, has the catoblepas's death gaze
- r pegachuck - flies
- r arborachuck - high agility, magic missile breath
- r merchuck - amphibious
- r gorgon woodchuck - petrifying gaze
- r chucktaur - uses weapons
- r robochuck - damaging (electric?) gaze, very high defense, if used in SLASH'EM, would have the "needs +2 weapon to hit" property
- r kaiserchuck - M2_PRINCE, uses weapons and has a humanoid body, but is otherwise weaker than a normal woodchuck
- Some creatures from Japanese mythology and folklore:
- Other new monsters:
- r capybara - swims, has the koala's calming ability (source: https://kahran042.tumblr.com/post/162135523771/gaylor-moon-lizardsister-33v0-33v0-what)
- Some new items:
- ) bamboo pole - a weaker version of the quarterstaff, starting weapon for Erdricks
- ) kukri (appearance: Gurkha knife) - a stronger dagger, largely because, as TV Tropes puts it, Kukris Are Kool.
- ( magic key - a possible item for my new Erdrick class, pretty much a cheaper, single-use skeleton key
- % medical herb - another item for the Erdrick class, low nutrition, restores a small amount of HP when eaten
- % raisin - low nutrition, can be used to tame ferrets (see Mustelids, above)
- % cucumber - moderate nutrition, can be used to tame kappa
- *, *, *, or * tourmaline stone (appearance: red/green/violet/pink gem) - low-value gem
- *, *, or * spinel (appearance: red/violet/pink gem) - moderately valuable gem
- * or * rhodochrosite stone (appearance: red/pink gem) - low-value gem
- * malachite stone (appearance: green gem) - moderately valuable gem
- * lapis lazuli (appearance: blue gem) - moderately valuable gem
- * kunzite stone (appearance: pink gem) - moderately valuable gem
- * rose quartz stone (appearance: pink gem) - moderately valuable gem
- * morganite stone (appearance: pink gem) - high-value gem
- * worthless piece of pink glass (appearance: pink gem)
- + spellbook of ironize (appearance: randomized) - caster temporarily becomes invincible, but immobile
- Based on personal experience, cats should also get nutrition from drinking out of toilets. They should also get some sort of benefit, or at least a YAFM, from #sit-ting in sinks.
- New Japanese item names: