I'm really better at coming up with ideas than actually coding or balancing them, so these are just theoretical. If anyone wants to try to implement these, feel free to do so!
NOTE: This permission does not apply to the SlashTHEM dev team unless the Elph class is permanently reinstated.
- 1 Mustelids
- 2 Vortex
- 3 New classes
- 4 Patch update ideas
- 5 Hallucinatory monsters
- 6 New rumors
- 7 New T-shirt messages
- 8 New engravings
- 9 New gravestone inscriptions
- 10 New spam
- 11 New vampire quotes
- 12 New hallucinatory colors
- 13 New shopkeeper names
- 14 Hallucinatory currency
- 15 Miscellaneous
As you may or may not know, I'm fond of ferrets, so when I attempted and failed to make my own branch, I included them as pets, and added some other mustelids, to boot. They would all use r glyphs, and the glyph would be changed to "rodent or mustelid".
- r Ferret kit, ferret, large ferret - Domestic, approximately equal to their cat counterparts strength-wise.
- r Skunk - Would have a poisonous breath attack, which might create small stinking clouds, although that might be a SMOP (Credit for the stinking cloud idea goes to Cherokee Jack).
- r Ermine - Would have some sort of cold-related property, either an attack or a corpse resistance, or possibly both.
- r Otter - Amphibious, good at hunting sea monsters (Idea thanks to Cherokee Jack)
- SLASH'EM's wolverines and giant badgers would be moved to this category, and regular badgers would also be added.
Also possibly mink and stoats, but I'm not sure what kind of properties they would have. Maybe mink corpses would have an above-average gold value, or mink would have a seduction attack as a shoutout to Minerva Mink?
Aquatic aliens from the Ecco the Dolphin series.
- ; Vortex drone - Has four claw attacks, the last of which is a drowning attack.
- ; Vortex warrior - Has two claw attacks, a teleporting hug attack, and can spit acid. Although it may be a SMOP, the hug could alternatively be a level teleport. If used in SLASH'EM Extended, the hug should be AD_ABDC.
Based on the monster classes from various Dragon Warrior/Quest games, this class would start out on the level of some of Slash'EM Extended's "harder than hard" classes, but would become super-powerful at higher levels. I'm not sure of what powers, exactly, it would have, but one of them would probably be the ability to breathe fire, since that's a common ability among playable slime classes in DQ. Another level up ability I thought of is the ability to temporarily polymorph into a random h or @.
- Globule (1-2)
- Moist (3-5)
- Wiggly (6-8)
- Jiggly (9-13)
- Slurry (14-17)
- Slime Knight (18-21)
- Slime Hero (22-25)
- King Slime (26-29)
- Slime God (30)
Deities (pantheon: Dragon Quest series)
- Lawful: Master Dragon
- Neutral: _Rubiss
- Chaotic: Malroth
Alignment: Neutral or chaotic
- Leader: the Slime Emperor (b)
- Guardians: globule (b)
- Nemesis: legendary hero (@) - would have a couple of weapon attacks and clerical spellcasting
- Artifact: The Slime Crown (helmet; not sure of its abilities, but would probably have some sort of power against player monsters and could be invoked for some sort of effect similar to actual DQ Slimes' ability to merge into a King Slime)
The death message for DQ Slime PCs would be "(monster) hast done well in defeating you."
Again, all of this is really just a framework. I have no ideas about balance or coding, so I don't have anything too concrete numbers-wise here.
A high-difficulty class that starts out with literally no equipment, but is capable of reaching expert or grand master in all skills.
Based on the light novel series and anime Accel World, I have more stuff for this than the Wanderer, but less than the Dragon Quarrior-themed classes - basically, just some quest stuff.
- Quest leader: Kuroyukihime
- Quest nemesis: Dusk Taker (would have the gremlin's ability theft ability, but I'm not sure of any other powers)
- Quest artifact: ?
- Quest home: ?
- Quest locate: Accel World
- Quest end: The field with no limits
Patch update ideas
For the Grudge patch:
- Cats vs. rats.
- Dogs vs. monkeys.
- Gnomes vs. kobolds.
- Otters (see above) vs. sea monsters. (loosely based on Cherokee Jack's suggestion)
Signature spells for a possible SLASH'EM update of the Monster Spells patch:
- leprechaun wizard - Summon Sphere (same as gnomish wizard)
- brownie - ?
- movanic deva - ?
- monadic deva - ?
- astral deva - ?
- Planetar - ?
- Solar - ?
- gnoll shaman - ?
- ogre mage - Cone of Cold, Disappear
- vampire mage, ghoul queen, Maugneshaagar - Raise Dead, Drain Life, Curse Items, Destroy Armor, Destroy Weapon, Darkness, Make Web, Sleep (same as master lich)
- ghoul mage, necromancer, embalmer - Darkness, Make Web, Sleep (same as barrow wight)
- gypsy - Curse Items
- nabassu - ?
- Cthulhu - ?
- Vecna - Turn to Stone, Raise Dead, Drain Life, Curse Items, Destroy Armor, Destroy Weapon, Darkness, Make Web, Sleep (same as arch-lich)
- flame mage, High Flame Mage - Fire Pillar
- ice mage, High Ice Mage - Cone of Cold
- Water Mage - Acid Rain, Create Pool, Geyser
- Earth Mage - Drop Boulder, Earthquake, Summon Insects
Although I designed these to be hallucinatory, if you have a way of implementing them as actual monsters and want to do so, feel free.
# prefix codes: # dash - female, personal name # underscore _ female, general name # plus + male, personal name # vertical bar | male, general name # equals = gender not specified, personal name #misc. _bearded clam giant no-see-um =it |Marudozer |one-eyed purple snake red dot |six foot man eating chicken teal deer #.hack +Corbenik +Fidchell +Gorre +Innis +Magus -Macha +Skeith +Tarvos #A Series of Unfortunate Events Incredibly Deadly Viper Lachrymose Leech Medusoid Mycellium snow gnat =The Great Unknown #Ace Attorney |Bad Badger |Blue Badger _Pink Badger |Proto Badger #ADOM Ancient Chaos Wyrm Ancient Stone Beast battle bunny |ElDeR cHaOs GoD Snake from Beyond #Animorphs Andalite Hork-Bajjr Taxxon Yeerk #Aqua Teen Hunger Force Mooninite Plutonian #Avatar: The Last Airbender badger mole flying bison komodo rhino winged lemur #Azumanga Daioh =Kamineko #Battlefield Earth Psychlo #Calvin and Hobbes Calvinosaurus snow goon #Chrono Trigger =Lavos #Clannad _kind andango |mischievous yakidango #Cross Ange Brig-class DRAGON Frigate-class DRAGON Galleon-class DRAGON Schooner-class DRAGON #Dear Evan Hansen +Connor Murphy's ghost #Descendants of Darkness +Gushoshin #Earthbound starman #Fallen London Rattus Faber Starveling Cat #Five Nights at Freddy's +Balloon Boy +Bonnie -Chica +Foxy +Freddy Fazbear -Mangle +Springtrap +The Puppet +Toy Freddy +Toy Bonnie -Toy Chica #Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Extremeasaur #Fraggle Rock doozer gorg poison cackler thimble beetle #Futurama horrible gelatinous blob #Goosebumps +King Jellyjam |Masked Mutant +Slappy the Dummy #Grabbed by the Ghoulies haunted television vampire chicken #Gravity Falls +Bill Cipher Lilliputtian +Multi-Bear +Rumble McSkirmish |Summerween Trickster #Holes yellow-spotted lizard #Home Movies septopus #Katamari Damacy |King of All Cosmos #King of the Hill probot #Lunar: Silver Star Story mauve dragon teal dragon #Magic Knight Rayearth +Rayearth =Regalia +Selece +Windam #Magic: The Gathering atog lhurgoyf phelddagrif #Maradonia Saga poison glitter tree #Might and Magic gray minotaur +Okrim +Paul Pead werephase mummy =XX!XX!XX!XX #Might and Magic II +Baron Wilfrey +Bozorc the Orc +Brutal Bruno Cron man trap death in a box Mega Dragon +Spaz Twit +The Long One #Might and Magic III kudo crab oh no bug _Scorpia #Might and Magic IV |Lord Xeen =Xeen's pet #Might and Magic V =Barkman magic mage +Scraps #Mother 3 eerie smile Ultimate Chimera #My Little Pony draconequus fruit bat timberwolf #Neopets |Snowager |Turmaculus #Odyssey: The Legend of Nemesis Green Flesh-Thresher Monster from the Id Slime Maul Three Mile Beastie #Omega astral fuzzy automatum major DREADED AQUAE MORTIS fnord radeligian cateagle #Phineas and Ferb |giant floating baby head |Klimpaloon #Rugrats |Mr. Friend #Sailor Moon _cardian _daimon droid _mirror paredri phage #Secret of Mana Rabite #Shin-Chan +Whiteface Charcoalpants #Slayers +Ruby-Eye Shabranigdo #Sorcerous Stabber Orphen -Bloody August #Spongebob Squarepants Alaskan bull worm +DoodleBob flying ice cream truck #Star Control |Androsynth Arilou Lalee'lay Chenjesu Dnyarri Druuge Ilwrath Melnorme Mmrnmhrm Mycon Orz Pkunk Shofixti Spathi Supox _Syreen Thraddash Umgah Ur-Quan Utwig VUX Yehat Zoq-Fot-Pik #Stationfall Arcturian balloon creature #Sunless Sea behemoustache blemmigan jillyfleur Pentecost Ape #Sword Art Online +Illfang the Kobold Lord Ragout Rabbit Ruin Kobold Sentinel +The Gleam Eyes =The Skull Reaper +Tonky =X'rphan the White Wyrm #The Far Side Guatemalan cow of paradise spamalope Tyrannosaurus Mex #The Fool's Errand wif dove #The Ren and Stimpy Show asthma hound chihuahua Crocostimpy #The Simpsons kwyjibo northern reticulated chipmunk #The Vision of Escaflowne Guymelef Ispano #Tiny Toon Adventures three-headed duck-billed rabbit #Tom Goes to the Mayor barrel goat oil turtle #Undertale |annoying dog _Temmie #Wing Commander Kilrathi #Wizardry bleeb creeping crud dink entelechy fuff +Murphy's ghost #You Have To Burn the Rope Grinning Colossus #Yu-Gi-Oh! Blue-Eyes White Dragon Red-Eyes Black Dragon Summoned Skull #Realistic elementals hydrogen elemental helium elemental lithium elemental beryllium elemental boron elemental carbon elemental nitrogen elemental oxygen elemental fluorine elemental neon elemental sodium elemental magnesium elemental aluminum elemental silicon elemental phosphorus elemental sulfur elemental chlorine elemental argon elemental potassium elemental calcium elemental scandium elemental titanium elemental vanadium elemental chromium elemental manganese elemental iron elemental cobalt elemental nickel elemental copper elemental zinc elemental gallium elemental germanium elemental arsenic elemental selenium elemental bromine elemental krypton elemental rubidium elemental strontium elemental yttrium elemental zirconium elemental niobium elemental molybdenum elemental technetium elemental ruthenium elemental rhodium elemental palladium elemental silver elemental cadmium elemental indium elemental tin elemental antimony elemental tellurium elemental iodine elemental xenon elemental cesium elemental barium elemental tungsten elemental osmium elemental iridium elemental platinum elemental gold elemental mercury elemental thallium elemental lead elemental bismuth elemental astatine elemental radon elemental radium elemental uranium elemental plutonium elemental
.senutrof gnidaer naht erom rof desu eb nac srorriM A knight knows armor. Purple is a powerful color. They say that it's possible to live forever in the dungeon without dying.
A sage knows scrolls. A wizard knows wands. An obvious lesbian will bring great news, and a grand piano will fall on you. If you forgive Deneb, you can't get the best ending. J. S. has checked in and requested tea with sugar. My brother sends his regards. Krakens have a 1/128 chance of dropping the Gutsy Bat. Roni is life. The 40th level is death. To get the Grail, you have to defeat Luvalon without using tarot cards or running away.
New T-shirt messages
I <3 Humanity /* No Game No Life */ Adults Suck, Then You Are One /* The Simpsons */ Legalize Everything /* South Park */ On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your favorite color of the alphabet? Sarcastic Comment Loading - Please Wait Sperm Dumpster /* Family Guy */
Bank of RA - Gold Deposit /* Scarab of Ra */ ERAU QSSI DRLO WEHT /* Final Fantasy VI */ Gary was here! Ash is a loser! /* Pokemon */ Jesus was here 2/15/51 B.C. /* Family Guy */ SO SURE AM I OF MY DEFENSES THAT I GIVE YOU THIS CLUE: "CONTRA-DEXTRA AVENUE" PS - TREBOR SUX! /* Wizardry */ The moon rules - #1 /* Aqua Teen Hunger Force */ The shiny farhead is the pruf of justis! Stop the njections, yew quack. /* Xenogears */ The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls /* Simon and Garfunkel */
New gravestone inscriptions
Casper the Friendly Boy Here lies Mallory Pike. She had a mean serve. /* The Baby-Sitters Club */ I didn't lose! I was semi-victorious! /* Azumanga Daioh */ I iz ded. Ded kittehs dont need bafs. /* Lolcats */ IT'S A GUNDAM! /* Gundam Wing */ Paul Eulmeyer, 1907-2000. With atomic terror, he brought us peace. /* Mission Hill */ Vanilla NetHack, 1987-1999 You asked me if it would kill me to be civil...well, now you know.
Do you want to start? Take the 5:45 Shibuya bound train from Jiyuugaoka Station /* Digimon Frontier */ To the one who holds the book. Skeith is looking for me. There is no time. Please, help me. /* .hack */
New vampire quotes
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" /* Castlevania: Symphony of the Night */ "I am beloved by the night — you will taste my powers!" /* Castlevania: Lament of Innocence */ "Come to me, child; I haven't danced in ages!" /* Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia */ "All living things are born to die. No one can defeat me!!" /* Final Fantasy */ "Please get out of the way. Or would you like to die?" /* Suikoden */ "All the noise you're making disturbed my sleep. You'll have to make up for that." /* Suikoden II */
New hallucinatory colors
apocyan burnt hombre cosmogone gan green gant hooloovoo infra dead infra-pink infra-ultra-chartreuse irrigo liver purple loathsome lilac matter yellow octarine opalescent peligin razzmatazz ultra violent violant viric
New shopkeeper names
Taken from various JRPGs.
/* Alundra */ Naomi, Lurvy, Merrick /* Azure Dreams */ Fur, Okami /* Brave Fencer Musashi */ Hilda, Jam, Kurt, Conners /* Breath of Fire series */ Gobi, Baretta, Leminton, Hekkeler, Karashinikofu, Daiye, Sekine, Marlok, Fu Chuman, Leo, Arma /* Castlevania series */ Rinaldo, Jacob, Vincent /* Chrono series */ Fritz, Lisa, Zappa /* Dragon Warrior/Quest series */ Taloon, Boga, Doga /* Final Fantasy series */ Butch, Stiltzkin, O'aka, Rin, Wantz /* Jade Cocoon */ Yajako, Karlot, Kupid, Mu /* Legend of Legaia */ Lezam, Corey, Woody, Zalan, Ashif /* Lufia series */ Tia, Jaffy /* Lunar series */ Ramus /* Mana series */ Niccolo, Moti /* Mother series */ Hassan, Thomas, Fassad /* Ogre Battle series */ Toad, Deneb /* Panzer Dragoon Saga */ Baicah, Jared /* SaGa series */ Echigoya, Fullbright, PzkwV, Gozarus /* Suikoden series */ Chandler, Chapman, Jabba, Alex, Hans, Lebrante, Gordon /* Wild ARMs series */ Roykman, Travis, Marivel /* Xeno series */ Maison, Hammer
Mostly from JRPGs.
bits /* My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic */ cole /* Atelier */ double dollars /* Trigun */ dragon power /* Mother 3 */ dran /* Brave Fencer Musashi */ dynes /* Panzer Dragoon Saga */ echoes /* Fallen London */ elm /* Growlanser */ filari /* Ultima VII: Serpent Isle */ fol /* Star Ocean */ gald /* Tales of... */ gella /* Wild ARMs */ gil /* Final Fantasy */ goth /* Ogre Battle */ guilders /* Ultima VII: Serpent Isle */ hamdollars /* catsuggest */ hell /* Disgaea */ lucre /* World of Mana */ macca /* Shin Megami Tensei */ meseta /* Phantasy Star */ monetari /* Ultima VII: Serpent Isle */ munny /* Kingdom Hearts */ nuyen /* Shadowrun */ potch /* Suikoden */ yan /* Jade Cocoon */ zenny /* Breath of Fire */
- Some new monsters for real zoos, based on historical royal menageries:
- d hyena - already exists in SLASH'EM Extended
- f lion
- f lioness - I see this as being a separate monster due to the amount of sexual dimorphism in lions.
- f cheetah
- f lynx - already exists in SLASH'EM, but could be moved to the list of eligible monsters for real zoos
- q giraffe
- q polar bear
- q camel
- r porcupine - would have some sort of passive attack with its spines
- As a side note to the above, the zoo in the Yeoman quest home level should be replaced with a real zoo.
- Some new monsters from Dragon Warrior/Quest:
- b Slime
- b Slimebeth
- b Metal Slime
- b Heal Slime (technically, should be Healer, but I'm using the Japanese name to avoid confusion with the character class)
- b Cure Slime (should be Curer, but I'm using the Japanese name for consistency with its lower form.)
- r Prank Gopher
- r Lethal Gopher
- B Drakee
- B Magidrakee
- B Drakeema
- D Dragon (should be Green Dragon, but there's already a monster by that name, so I'm using the Japanese name.)
- D Kith Dragon (see Dragon, but replace Green with Blue.)
- D Darth Dragon (see Kith Dragon, but replace Blue with Red.)
- P Babble
- P Metal Babble
- ' Bomb Crag (self-destructs for physical damage, using the "muddy explosion" graphics - their self-destruct ability in-game was a multi-target instant-death spell, but that's a bit unfair even by NetHack standards)
- @ King Lorik - Erdrick quest leader
- D Dragonlord - Erdrick quest nemesis
- @ royal guard - Erdrick quest guardian
- Some of the woodchuck variants from Beath of Flams:
- r pyrochuck - breathes fire
- r sasquachuck - breathes ice and has a hug attack
- r geochuck - high defense, if used in SLASH'EM, would have the "needs +1 weapon to hit" property
- r osteochuck - undead, has the catoblepas's death gaze
- r pegachuck - flies
- r arborachuck - high agility, magic missile breath
- r merchuck - amphibious
- r gorgon woodchuck - petrifying gaze
- r chucktaur - uses weapons
- r robochuck - damaging (electric?) gaze, very high defense, if used in SLASH'EM, would have the "needs +2 weapon to hit" property
- r kaiserchuck - M2_PRINCE, uses weapons and has a humanoid body, but is otherwise weaker than a normal woodchuck
- Some creatures from Japanese mythology and folklore:
- Other new monsters:
- r capybara - swims, has the koala's calming ability (source: https://kahran042.tumblr.com/post/162135523771/gaylor-moon-lizardsister-33v0-33v0-what)
- B road runner - since we already have coyotes...
- Some new items:
- ) kukri (appearance: Gurkha knife) - a stronger dagger, largely because, as TV Tropes puts it, Kukris Are Kool.
- % cucumber - moderate nutrition, can be used to tame kappa. Maybe cucumbers on the ground could have a scare monster effect on domestic cats?
- *, *, *, or * tourmaline stone (appearance: red/green/violet/pink gem) - low-value gem
- *, *, or * spinel (appearance: red/violet/pink gem) - moderately valuable gem
- * or * rhodochrosite stone (appearance: red/pink gem) - low-value gem
- * or * iolite stone (appearance: blue/violet gem) - moderately valuable gem
- * malachite stone (appearance: green gem) - moderately valuable gem
- * lapis lazuli (appearance: blue gem) - moderately valuable gem
- * kunzite stone (appearance: pink gem) - moderately valuable gem
- * rose quartz stone (appearance: pink gem) - moderately valuable gem
- * morganite stone (appearance: pink gem) - high-value gem
- * worthless piece of pink glass (appearance: pink gem)
- ) CrySpear (appearance: crystalline spear) - artifact, made of mineral, uses spear skill, increases healing rate when wielded
- / wand of stone to flesh (appearance: randomized, default is "serpentine wand" which is made of mineral) - because why should literate people have all the fun?
- Based on personal observations, cats should get nutrition from drinking out of toilets. They should also get some sort of benefit, or at least a YAFM, from #sit-ting in sinks.
- New Japanese item names:
- A possible encyclopedia entry for SLASH'EM's mongbats: Resembling a monkey as much as a bat, these winged anomalies are swift and powerful in their attacks. Though seldom encountered except in the deepest dungeons, encountering one in the dim subterranean light can unnerve even the stoutest among you. [ Ultima VI Compendium, by Greg Malone ]
- An addition to the encyclopedia entry for cats: “The thing about cats,” Leonardo said, working along until the paper was covered, “is the way they’re made. Those muscles in the back legs. Can you imagine how strong they must be? That's why cats can jump so high. And the back, it can move almost any way, like a sword blade. “Everything is in balance,” Leonardo went on, “all the muscles and bones and joints. That’s what I want in the painting, too.” [ Time Cat, by Lloyd Alexander ]
- Hallucinatory breath weapons:
- A gleaming, icy gust of wind
- Broken glass
- Cotton candy
- Dark matter
- Holy light
- Laser beams
- Mold spores
- Prismatic light
- Scorching gas
- Soap bubbles
- Toxic waste
- Since Pelias is a wizard in the original Conan stories, and is described as a "second rate sorcerer" by Thoth Amon, he should have spellcasting abilities.
- Hallucinating Valkyries and Ice Mages should "pine for the fjords" instead of yearning for their homelands.