Hardfought is a NetHack community with its own servers, similar to NAO. Hardfought currently hosts three servers - United States (east coast, same locale as NAO server), London, UK and Sydney, AU and currently has the most diverse set of NetHack variants of any public server. Notably, all variants in the Junethack tournament are represented there, save one (DNHSlex).
Hardfought has its own IRC channel on Libera, #hardfought. This is also linked with the #nethack-hardfought channel on the roguelikes Discord. The Beholder bot announces important events, deaths, and ascensions, and Pinobot can be used to find information on enemies across NetHack variants.
Like NAO, Hardfought has a config file editor on its website that allows you to copy and paste config files.
- NetHack 3.4.3, HDF version - github repository
- NetHack 3.7.0, HDF version, bleeding edge development version with public server based enhancements - github repository
- NetHack 1.3d
- GruntHack, with bug fixes and UI enhancements
- NetHack Fourk
- NetHack 4
- SporkHack, with bug fixes and UI enhancements
- xNetHack, 3.7 based variant
- SpliceHack, 3.7 based variant
- Slash'EM, version 0.0.8E0F2, very recent updates as of May 2021 (bug fixes and some quality of life enhancements) - github repository
- EvilHack, 3.6.6 based variant
- ZapM, not strictly a NetHack variant
How to play on Hardfought
To play on Hardfought, ssh to the server closest to your location. You can also play in your browser using one of the web client links below.
- ssh firstname.lastname@example.org (United States, East Coast)
- ssh email@example.com (Europe)
- ssh firstname.lastname@example.org (Australia)
- https://www.hardfought.org/nethack/hterm/ (Web client, all server locations)
A note on connecting - as of Oct 12th 2018, you can connect to all Hardfought servers via IPv6 (ssh, https).