Scroll of magic mapping
|Base price||100 zm|
|Ink to write||4-7|
|Monster use||Will not be used by monsters.|
The scroll of magic mapping maps the entire current level, providing the scroll is not cursed, the level is mappable, and you are not confused.
|blessed||The whole level is mapped, and secret doors revealed|
|uncursed||The whole level is mapped|
|cursed or confused||1/7 of the level's squares are mapped|
|non-mappable level||You are confused for 1 to 30 (more) turns|
This scroll self-identifies when read.
- Your mind is filled with crazy lines!
- The level is non-mappable
- Your <head> spins in bewilderment.
- The level is non-mappable, and you are not hallucinating
- Wow! Modern art.
- The level is non-mappable, and you are hallucinating
- A map coalesces in your mind!
- The scroll was non-cursed
- A map coalesces in your mind! Unfortunately, you can't grasp the details.
- The scroll was cursed
Some levels are non-mappable, which will make you confused when you read the scroll of magic mapping on the level and not let you map it. The list is as follows:
In UnNetHack, uncursed scrolls of magic mapping also reveal secret doors. Additionally, blessed scrolls detect objects on the level like uncursed potions of object detection, similar to their effect in SLASH'EM.
This page is based on a spoiler by Dylan O'Donnell. The original license is:
Redistribution, copying, and editing of these spoilers, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- The original contributors to any spoiler must continue to be credited.
- Any modifications to the spoiler must be acknowledged and credited.