Wraith (monster class)
All wraiths are chaotic-aligned humanoid undead monsters of human size, and move at the same speed as an unhasted player (12). They possess a drain life attack, are unbreathing, and have resistance cold, sleep and poison. Wraiths are always generated hostile, can be genocided, and will follow the player between levels.
Players killed by a member of the wraith class rise as a wraith monster in any bones file created.
- monsym.h in NetHack 3.4.3, line 60: S_WRAITH macro
- include/monsym.h in NetHack 3.6.4, line 63: S_WRAITH macro as of 3.6.4
- Wraiths in monst.c: Wraiths and their attributes
- end.c in NetHack 3.4.3, line 229: players killed by a W rise as a wraith
- Priest in role.c, Wizard in role.c: Wraiths are an enemy class for Priests and Wizards