Welcome to Fyr's House of YONI! (Yes, the plural of YANI ["Yet Another New Idea"] should be YONI: "Yet Other New Ideas". Because "another ideas" would be ungrammatical. Pedantry!)
Several of my ideas involve water:
- The Subterranean Ocean, a dungeon branch consisting of mostly water and featuring two special levels selected from among such exciting destinations as Paradise Island, the Sunless Sea, the Caves of Ice, Lost Atlantis, Yerebatan Sarayi, and Cascade Falls.
- A handful of new sea monsters to live in the sunken ocean.
- A watery version of a vault: the fishtank.
- The water trap.
Some new roles:
- And one that's not watery: the Gladiator.
- Incomplete: the Lunatic.
A couple of SMOPs:
- There should be a fallback case for when you sit on a throne and are "granted an insight" but you have already formally identified all of your possessions. The effect of a wand of enlightenment would make sense.
- Water trolls may turn into ice trolls when you hit them with a cold attack (wand or spell, or Frostbrand); ice trolls may become water trolls when hit with fire.
- When you cast polymorph at a monster at Skilled level or above, and you have polymorph control, then you are prompted to specify what you want the target to turn into, with a chance of success proportional to the difference between the monster's level and the base level of your selection.
- Walking shoes left on the floor occasionally move one square in a random direction by themselves.
- When you throw a single gold piece upwards, rather than falling on your head (as any other object does when you toss it up), it should give you a message: either "The coin comes up heads!" or "The coin comes up tails!" with a 50/50 chance. Players can use this when faced with a decision.
- Some suggestions for making religion more robust.
- The One Ring.