Wand of speed monster
|Base price||150 zm|
|Monster use||May be used by monsters as misc items.|
When zapped at yourself or a monster, the wand gives its target(s) intrinsic speed; gaining intrinsic speed by zapping yourself also exercises dexterity. Some monsters may resist. Zapping a peaceful creature with this wand will anger it.
Once you have zapped yourself with this wand, the intrinsic speed is permanent; the wand is generally used for speeding up pets and steeds afterward, but at least one should be kept in the inventory in case you lose your speed to slow stoning from a footrice or slowing attacks from skeletons and shades.
Pets have the same chance of resisting as any other monster; if zapping your pet does not generate a message, they may have resisted or else already have intrinsic speed. "(Pet's name) is suddenly moving faster!" If there is no message, the pet probably resisted, or was fast already. You can check to see if a pet has intrinsic speed (fast) by applying a stethoscope to the pet.
- You speed up.
- You gained intrinsic speed by zapping yourself.
- Your quickness feels more natural.
- You gained intrinsic speed while you already had extrinsic speed.
- <Monster> is suddenly moving faster.
- A monster was zapped with this wand and either became fast or is no longer slow.
- The bugs on the floor speed up!
- You engraved with the wand.