- 1st June 2021 - Junethack 2021 has started
- 26th May 2021 - #nethack IRC channel moved to irc.libera.chat
- 28th April 2021 - EvilHack version 0.7.0 has been released, please see this reddit post for details.
- 23rd March 2021 - xNetHack version 6.0 is released. See this reddit post for details.
- 1st November 2020 - The November NetHack Tournament has begun! See the wiki page for details.
- 15th July 2020 - The NetHack Scoreboard has new hosting and is on a new domain - https://nethackscoreboard.org.
- 1st June 2020 - Junethack 2020 has started
- 11th May 2020 - SpliceHack version 0.7.1 is released. See this reddit post for details.
- 25th April 2020 - Slash'EM Extended bleeding-edge release v266 is available.
- 10th April 2020 - xNetHack version 5.1 is released. See this reddit post for details.
- 5th April 2020 - EvilHack version 0.5.0 has been released, please see this reddit post for details.
- 8th March 2020 - NetHack 3.6.6 is released
- 27th January 2020 - NetHack 3.6.5 is released
- 23rd January 2020 - GnollHack public beta available for Windows.
- Older news...
- Terrain and msgtype do not work in the windows tiles version of 3.6.0
- Monsters and wands and potions and scrolls
- How to search for a portal?
- How can I force curses interface to use Terminal colors?
- Any Rogue/Hack version on VAX/VMS?
- My calculation about the best weapon to choose
- DarkVector appearance?
- PSA: The watercooler is back.
- Ever got annoyed by lack of color differences?
- Portrait NetHack/roguelikes, a suggestion for developers
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
Demogorgon is the most difficult of the demon princes and, indeed, the most difficult monster of any sort to appear in NetHack. Fortunately, his appearance is not guaranteed and usually only occurs through demon summoning. He can be summoned directly by Orcus, Juiblex, or Yeenoghu, and hence indirectly by any demon that can summon one of these demon lords, or, rarely, by any spellcasting monster that casts "summon nasties" in Gehennom, which includes the Wizard of Yendor.