Monster starting inventory
Certain types of monsters may be created with objects in their starting inventory appropriate to their species. A pretty comprehensive spoiler can be found here. Additionally, they may be eligible for a random offensive item, miscellaneous item, and/or defensive item.
In addition to any other items, monsters can also get armor. This includes all members of the Yendorian army, as well as guards, watchmen, watch captains, and mummies. Armor items spawned are based on a complex mechanism to approximate the target AC of the given creature.
- In addition, there is a unique 6 in 7 chance for a mummy to get a mummy wrapping.
Some monsters also leave behind certain non-random body parts:
|dragon||dragon scales (1/3 chance, 1/20 if revived)|
|unicorn||unicorn horn (1/2 chance if revived)|
|long worm||worm tooth|
|iron golem||2d6 iron chains|
|glass golem||2d4 worthless pieces of glass|
|clay golem||49 + 1d20 (avg. 59.5) rocks|
|stone golem||statue of a stone golem|
|wood golem||2d4 quarterstaffs|
|leather golem||2d4 leather armors|
|gold golem||100-200 gold pieces (Luck-weighted)|
|paper golem||1d4 blank scrolls|
|gray ooze||a small glob|
- Makemon.c#line1017 a few special cases
- Makemon.c#m_initweap mostly weapons and elven items
- Makemon.c#m_initinv armor and most other objects
- Muse.c#rnd_defensive_item magical defensive item
- Muse.c#rnd_misc_item magical "misc item"
- Muse.c#rnd_offensive_item magical offensive item
- Mplayer.c#mk_mplayer player monsters