Digestion is a damage type dealt by some engulfing attacks. It causes delayed instadeath, and mostly affects players with high (bad) armor class. Digestion can be completely prevented by wearing a ring of slow digestion, which causes monsters trying to digest you to instead regurgitate you. The following monsters digest:
The number of monster hits before being totally digested is (10 - your Armor class) plus a random number between 0 and ((25 - monster level) / 2). Note that lurkers and trappers are quite slow, so you generally have 4 turns for every lurker or trapper hit.
- "The <monster> digests you!"
- You take damage from digestion.
- "The <monster> thoroughly digests you!"
- You take damage from digestion. You will die in 2 more hits.
- "The <monster> utterly digests you!"
- You take damage from digestion. You will die in 1 more hit.
- "The <monster> totally digests you!"
- You die.
- "You get regurgitated! Obviously the <monster> doesn't like your taste."
- You were expelled due to a worn ring of slow digestion.