- 1st January 2019 - UnNetHack 5.2.0 has been released.
- 1st November 2018 - The November NetHack Tournament has begun!! Please see the wiki page here for details.
- 12th October 2018 - Player/clan sign up is now available for The November NetHack Tournament. Please see this Reddit post for details.
- 12th September 2018 - The November NetHack Tournament has been announced.
- 11th September 2018 - NetHack 3.6.2-hdf (bleeding edge) is available for play on all Hardfought NetHack servers. Please see this Reddit post for details.
- 18th July 2018 - Slash'EM Extended release version v227 is available.
- 12th May 2018 - NetHack 3.6.1-hdf is released for public server use - see this Reddit post for details.
- Older news...
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
xNetHack is a variant of the development version of NetHack 3.6.2.
Its main goals are:
- Fix game balance issues.
- Eliminate tedious and frustrating parts of the game.
- Make uninteresting things more diverse, unique, and varied.
- Experiment with new ideas from the community.
It is not intended to be a "kitchen-sink variant" - rather than adding a bunch more new objects, monsters, roles, and so on, the main focus is on enhancing and deepening the existing systems in the game.
It is intended to keep up with the development version of vanilla NetHack, and will regularly merge in its latest commits. It has also drawn inspiration from SpliceHack, GruntHack, SliceHack, and various patches from the 3.4.3 era.
Version 0.4.1 of xNetHack is currently released and is available to play on the hardfought public servers.
xNetHack's source can be found on Github, should you want to compile it yourself.