- 21st October 2017 - /dev/null/nethack Tribute Tournament will start on November 1, 07:00 UTC
- 17th August 2017 - Wiki upgraded to MediaWiki 1.29.0.
- 22nd April 2017 - This wiki upgraded to MediaWiki 1.28.1, and underlying OS, database, library versions, and more were also upgraded.
- 19th December 2016 - Slash'EM Extended stable release version v185 is available. Play online (v176) at em.slashem.me, View the source code at GitHub
- 1 November 2016 - devnull tournament 2016 starts at 07:00 UTC
- 4th July 2016 - Alex Smith (AceHack, NetHack 4) and Patric Mueller (UnNetHack) join the DevTeam
- 1st June 2016 - Junethack 2016 has started
- 11th February 2016 - Nethack now has an official public git repository.
- Older news...
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
NetHack 3.6.0 is described by the DevTeam as consisting of "a series of foundational changes in the team, underlying infrastructure and changes to the approach to game development." It focuses on these internal changes more than on the addition of new content, but there are still some features introduced in this version.
Notable changes in NetHack 3.6.0 include:
- The Amulet of Yendor may be offered to Moloch.
- Elbereth is less efficient.
- The clouds on the Plane of Air now move.
- Being crowned gives the player an extra skill slot.
- Several dozen bug fixes, including a crash related to dropping loadstones.
- The vibrating square is now a trap.
- Farming was nerfed in various ways.
- Sokoban puzzles no longer track cheating after they are fully solved.
- The #adjust command can be used to split an inventory stack.
- The #tip and #terrain commands were introduced.
This version also added references to various lines from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels to the game, as a tribute to the author, who passed away in the year of this version's release.