- 1st January 2019 - UnNetHack 5.2.0 has been released.
- 1st November 2018 - The November NetHack Tournament has begun!! Please see the wiki page here for details.
- 12th October 2018 - Player/clan sign up is now available for The November NetHack Tournament. Please see this Reddit post for details.
- 12th September 2018 - The November NetHack Tournament has been announced.
- 11th September 2018 - NetHack 3.6.2-hdf (bleeding edge) is available for play on all Hardfought NetHack servers. Please see this Reddit post for details.
- 18th July 2018 - Slash'EM Extended release version v227 is available.
- 12th May 2018 - NetHack 3.6.1-hdf is released for public server use - see this Reddit post for details.
- Older news...
- Yeenoghu escaped the dungeon! Is that normal? A bug?
- Does NetHack need a terminology cleanup?
- YAFM followed by YASD
- Where did my luckstone go?
- Changes to pet Polytrap behavior?
- Allow Orcish Town to be an Option! Please! Make it a conduct? Something?!
- Macro implementation (Windows 10, nh 3.6)
- Best ever pet polymorphs.
- 3.6.1 comments
- Piously Aligned but god displeased when praying?
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
The Tourist is one of the roles in NetHack. Since the Tourist has low starting stats and can only reach Expert in three weapons, running a Tourist is quite the challenge. Tourists always start as a neutral human in NetHack. In SLASH'EM, Tourists may also be Doppelganger or Hobbit.
The guidebook has this to say about tourists:
Tourists start out with lots of gold (suitable for shopping with), a credit card, lots of food, some maps, and an expensive camera. Most monsters don't like being photographed.