- 19th December 2016 - Slash'EM Extended stable release version v185 is available. Play online (v176) at em.slashem.me, View the source code at GitHub
- 1 November 2016 - devnull tournament 2016 starts at 07:00 UTC
- 4th July 2016 - Alex Smith (AceHack, NetHack 4) and Patric Mueller (UnNetHack) join the DevTeam
- 1st June 2016 - Junethack 2016 has started
- 18th February 2016 - DynaHack 0.6.0 released
- 11th February 2016 - Nethack now has an official public git repository.
- Older news...
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
Score is calculated all throughout the game, and if you have the showscore setting in your rcfile, you can see it on the bottom line at all times. Score also decides if the game considers your character a beginner and gives a "strange feeling" message when use-testing things.
Low-score ascensions are generally more prestigious because you got the job done with less effort.